Alexandre Tadeu Navarro is responsible for the firm’s tax, wealth management and real estate practices, and has extensive experience of projects and cases involving these areas. He is renowned for presenting creative solutions to highly challenging matters and proposing mechanisms that have facilitated a range of projects involving different tax structures and complex real estate developments. His background and deep experience place him at the forefront of the firm’s wealth management practice, also leading tax asset recovery cases in Brazil and abroad. He is recognized as a leading lawyer in Brazil by international publications such as Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global and The Legal 500.
- Specialization in Tax Law from Centro de Extensão Universitária – Instituto Internacional de Ciências Sociais (CEU-IICS), 1994.
- Graduate from Universidade de São Paulo School of Law (USP), 1991.
- Coordinator of the Legal Council of Sindicato da Indústria da Construção Civil do Estado de São Paulo [São Paulo State Construction Trade Union] (SindusCon-SP).
- Member of Conselho Municipal de Tributos da Prefeitura de São Paulo [São Paulo Municipal Tax Council], 2007-2012.
- Effective Member of Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Imobiliário [Brazilian Institute of Real Estate Law] (IBRADIM).
- Professor of Capital Markets and Corporate Real Estate Structure – Specialization Course from Universidade Secovi.
- Professor of Tax Law in the MBA courses at Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA) and Faculdade de Administração, Economia e Contabilidade (FEA) of Universidade de São Paulo (USP), 2000-2009.
- Professor of Tax law in the post-graduate Real Estate course at Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado (FAAP), 1997-2009.
- Professor of Tax Law in the post-graduate course/MBA at Escola Politécnica da USP (Poli/USP) – “Technology and Management in Civil Construction”, 2001-2009.
- Associate member of the Club Español de Arbitraje – Madrid/Spain.
- Member of the 6th Panel of the Ethics and Discipline Code of the Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo (OAB-SP), 2009-2011.
- President of the Letters Academy of Faculdade de Direito do Largo de São Francisco (USP), 1989-1990.
- CEO of Associação Mantenedora da Escola Sathya Sai de Ribeirão Preto – SP, an institution dedicated to primary and secondary schools based on Human Values.
- Executive member of Instituto Sathya Sai de Educação do Brasil and member of its Fiscal Council.
- Executive member of Projeto Casulo, in São Paulo – SP, an institution dedicated to social and educational assistance in the Real Parque community, 2010-2014.
- Speaker at several seminars and courses on tax and business, in Brazil and abroad.
- Coordinator of the book Conselho Jurídico SindusCon-SP: 15 anos de grandes feitos [SindusCon-SP Legal Council: 15 years of great achievements]. São Paulo: BB, 2017.
- Co-author of the book Fusões e Aquisições: Estratégias Empresariais e Tópicos de Valuation [Mergers and Acquisitions: Business Strategies and Valuation Topics]. São Paulo: All Print, 2017.
- Co-author of the book Operações Imobiliárias: estruturação e tributação [Real Estate Transactions: structuring and taxation]. São Paulo: Saraiva, 2016.
- Co-author of the book Temas de Direito da Construção [Construction Law]. São Paulo: PINI, 2015.
- Co-author of the book ISS pelos Conselheiros Julgadores. [Tax on Services by Judging Council Members]. São Paulo: Quartier Latin, 2012.
- Author of the book Tributação das Operações Imobiliárias [Real Estate Transaction Taxation]. São Paulo: Quartier Latin, 2007.
- Author of several articles on tax law and capital markets.